Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why Retail..... the braaap store....

When I first started to import the braaap bikes into Australia I was selling them through dealers across the country. Volume was awesome, we were selling a great amount of braaapster's. But my goal was to get the sport pumping! We had a problem that although the dealers were selling decent amounts of bikes they were not passionate about our product, they didn't share our vision to help get mini motocross pumping in Australia. I had to make a massive decision and I decided that if braaap was to be everything I dreamed it would the bikes would need to be sold by passionate people who love what they do. Who wanted to build a sport! A lifestyle!

at the time when i first started bringing the braaap bikes to Australia I was wholesaling to dealers right across the country, they were selling great volume.
but the problem was they weren’t selling them how they needed to be sold, they didn’t have any spare parts, they didn’t promote the racing and build the sport and they didn’t treat the braaap customers how they needed to be treated.
I had a grand plan to build a braaap store, it would be like a surf shop but for motocycles, it would have all the accessories and protective gear, mechanics and spare parts, all the casual gear and cool stuff to go with the braaap lifesetyle and most of all it would be operated by people who loved what they do! I was told it’d never happen, motorbikes and street wear wont sell under the same roof. I had no option but open the braaap store myself. So 3 years ago I cut of all my dealers around the country and decided braaap bikes would be sold strictly from braaap stores only (went from multiple dealers in each state to 1 braaap store in Launceston Tasmania!) THIS IS WHEN BRAAAP LAUNCESTON was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment