Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why mini motocross

It no secret that Motocross has always been my passion!
About 6 years ago I was shown some videos from America of a new version of our sport...minimotox or pitbike racing. At the time i was racing 250cc and 450cc bikes. Mini Motocross took everything we do on full size bikes but it was on a shorter tighter track, it was intense! I started watching videos on the internet, I saw that All the professional riders had mini bikes. The crusty demons rode minibikes, my racing idols rode them for fun and in America the sport was pumping! They even had a world championship inside the new Orleans arena at Las Vegas, with 15,000 fans and thousands of dollars up for grabs. The sport got me pumped
For those of you who don’t know what motocross is, it is off road racing, on man made dirt track with jumps,berms and other obstacles. Full size motocross track are usually about 2km long, Mini Motocross racing takes all the obstacles and fun but intensifies it by putting it into an intense track usually about 400m long with jumps up to 70ft. The best way to describe Mini motocross is that its like BMX on Steroids!

No comments:

Post a Comment